The High Street Fund remains open for new applications
Could your business benefit from this scheme?
The High Street Fund was launched with the aim of supporting projects to help drive the regeneration of our town centres and high streets. To date, we have awarded funding to a diversity of initiatives, including refurbishments to shops, cafes, restaurants, on street planters. The scheme has also enabled start up businesses to make their premises ready for opening.
We can offer grants of up to £50,000, with the aim of:
- Bringing high street properties back into commercial use
- Upgrade and adapt commercial properties which improve their appearance
- Improve the townscape, such as the introduction of signage, new route ways, new public realm
- Bring forward initiatives and events to increase the vitality of the high street
- work towards developing a project as a precursor to a further application to the fund or other funding source.
Grants are normally fund matched to 50% of the project cost by the applicant. However, a higher proportion of funding may be considered in special cases.
The following high streets are eligible within our district:
- New Romney