Applications for Folkestone Community Works funding can be made when a call is open.
A call is an open invitation for organisations/businesses/applicants to submit an application against a published specification. These are:
- A delivery organisation providing services to residents and businesses
- A local business applying for grants to help their enterprise grow
The application process is in two parts: first the completion of an expression of interest form and eligibility questionnaire, followed by the full application.
The programme management team is available to assist applicants throughout the whole process. Successful projects have to be completed by 31 March 2023.
To discuss your project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email us to be added to our distribution list for future calls.
This call is seeking projects to create an employability / enterprise / community hub which will provide quality, flexible space for the local community.
It will be a place where residents and businesses within the Folkestone Community Works area can access activities and support to help them achieve their potential.
A maximum grant of £250,000 is available – and this must be match-funded. Therefore a total of £500,000 will be invested in the project.
This call is seeking projects to deliver one or more of the following business support services:
- Assist potential entrepreneurs on their journey to start an enterprise
- Help start-ups, including the self-employed, to establish and succeed
- Support the start-ups, self-employed and SME businesses in the area to grow – thereby creating new employment opportunities for residents
Applicants must be able to provide quality, approachable, accessible and flexible services that support SMEs, self-employment and business start-ups.
A maximum grant of £174,000 is available – and this must be match-funded. Therefore a total of £348,000 will be invested in the project.
This call is seeking projects to deliver one or more of the following employability support services to residents in the Folkestone Community Works area:
- Support unemployed residents who are available for work and actively seeking work into employment or training/education
- Support economically inactive who want to enter or re-enter the workforce into an active job search, employment or training/education
- Promote financial well-being for the unemployed and/or economically inactive
Applicants must present an appropriate, effective, and efficient way of delivering the project, as well as demonstrate new ways of delivering services in the area.
A maximum grant of £325,000 is available for the first two bullet points – and this must be match-funded. Therefore a total of £650,000 will be invested in the project.
A maximum grant of £75,000 is available for promoting financial well-being – and this must be match-funded. Therefore a total of £150,000 will be invested in the project.
This call is for SME businesses with less than 250 employees and a turnover of under €50m.
Funding is available to support the growth of a business within the Folkestone Community Works area. One-to-one support is available throughout the process.
A grant between £1,000 and £7,500 is available – and this must be match-funded. Therefore a maximum of £15,000 can be invested into a project.