We offer grants from £5,000 to £50,000 to
- Bring high street properties back into commercial use
- Upgrade and adapt commercial properties which improve their appearance
- Improve the townscape, such as the introduction of signage, new route ways, new public realm
- Introduce technology and new innovative products to support the development of commercial operations.
- Bring forward initiatives and events to increase the vitality of the high street.
- work towards developing a project as a precursor to a further application to the fund or other funding source.
The grants will cover up to 50% of the total project cost, in normal circumstances, but up to 100% grants will be considered in special cases.
Who can apply for a grant?
- Freeholders of commercial property
- Leaseholders of commercial property with at least 5 years left in their lease (when the work is anticipated to be complete). The leaseholder must have the written permission of the freeholder of the property
- Town and parish councils and other public sector organisations or CICs with an interest in the high street
High Streets eligible for grants
The following high streets are eligible for grant funding
The specific properties eligible for funding within these high streets are shown on the downloadable maps.
How to apply
Download and complete the application form below
Submit your completed application with additional information to
What happens after you apply?
Completed applications, with all the required paperwork, will be assessed monthly. Once the application has been assessed we will contact you to let you know the decision.
When will the grant be paid?
After a grant has been approved you will enter into a legal agreement with the council for the grant and the money will be paid as set out in the agreement and when evidence of expenditure has been provided (VAT invoices).
Terms and Conditions
Grant applications must be made and approved before any works take place.
Quotes for work must be provided:
- Grants over £5,000: at least two quotes where possible
- Grants below £5,000: one quote
Evidence of the total project cost must be provided, where the grant equates to less than 100% of the total project cost.
Questions or further information
If you have any questions about the application please contact Lorraine Smith (01303 853274 firstname.lastname@example.org)