Who can apply?
Organisations, charities, and businesses can apply for funding to deliver services to residents and businesses within the catchment area.
Who can’t apply?
Most business sectors are eligible for the SME Business Grant Scheme but there are exceptions, including:
- Banking and insurance, including insurance brokers
- Fishery and aquaculture sectors which are supported through EFF
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
- Coal, steel and shipbuilding
- Synthetic fibers
- Educational establishments providing generalised (school age) education
- Banking and insurance companies, including insurance brokers who act as intermediaries and ‘sell’ insurance policies to businesses or individuals
- Charities and voluntary sector organisations, that are not using a trading arm
- Membership organisations that are politically affiliated
Please note that SME’s who have received a grant from Folkestone Community Works previously cannot apply again.
Please contact the Programme Management Team to discuss potential applications