INNOVATE UK launch £20m COVID-19 innovation response competition
Fast start competition with £20m pot just launched by INNOVATE UK to support UK businesses to focus on emerging or increasing needs of society and industries during and following the Covid-19 pandemic. By fast-tracking innovation, the UK will be better placed to maintain employment levels, a competitive position in global markets and make the UK more resilient to similar disruption.
- The applications must demonstrate both realistic and significant benefits for society (including communities, families and individuals) or an industry that has been severely impacted and/or permanently disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Proposals must focus on a clear need and the proposed innovation to address it.
- The business must have the ability to deliver the project during the working restrictions of Covid-19 pandemic.
- Businesses can claim 100% of project costs up to the maximum of £50,000. Funding is offered as a de minimis grant.
- Funding will be paid in advance of the project start date.
- Single company applications only. This is not a call for collaborative projects.
The competition will close on 17th April at midday. Please stress to new applicants that our deadlines are absolute and that they should work to submit well before the deadline. Successful applicants will be notified on 1st May.