C-Care Covid Channel Area Response Exchange
Covid Channel Area Response Exchange
C-Care is an ambition Interreg project. It aims to respond to some of the socio-economic challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. C-Care will build on some of the initiatives put in place to help businesses and individuals during the COVID-19 pandemic. The partnership will design and deliver an innovative range of schemes. This will provide support to businesses and individuals at risk of exclusion in the France-Channel England area to aid economic recovery.
This will include:
- Activities on both sides of the Channel to help individuals gain new knowledge and skills. This will help with accessing employment, becoming self-employed or starting a business.
- Direct support for businesses including advice, vouchers and grants aimed at helping sectors hard-hit by the pandemic to develop new business models. This will help businesses to respond market changes, and new customer behaviour whilst ensuring a a green, inclusive and sustainable economic recovery.
Key Benefits for Kent:
- Implementation of a ‘Technology Resilience’ voucher scheme. This is to help small businesses in Kent to develop new digital capabilities, or make digital adaptations to meet future customer demand.
- Implementation of a ‘Green Recovery’ voucher scheme. Designed to help small businesses in Kent to make changes to their operations to reduce their environmental impact.
- Creation of a ‘COVID-secure’ accredited, Trading Standards-approved training programme. Provided for local trades companies to operate in a safe way in the future.
- Actively participating in a variety of work strands on social inclusion, skills and employability, the future of town centres, green recovery and tackling digital poverty. This is to ensure that Kent organisation can benefit from best practice, and make changes to boost Kent’s socio-economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.