Help Build your Business with the i-Construct Network
Construction makes a huge contribution to our economy, our quality of life, and our environment. With major infrastructure and housing development planned and the need to tackle climate change, there has never been a more important time to innovate. I-Construct believe small businesses play a vital role in this process. So, I-Construct was created, a member network with a dedicated innovation hub building for construction innovation.
The mission of I-Construct is to unite like-minded businesses and client organisations in an active, forward-thinking community. I-Construct want to give that community the connections, mentorship, and financial support it needs to meet sector challenges and grow sustainably. Sharing business opportunities and lowering barriers to innovation. Attracting new talent and thinking into the construction industry.
Click here for further details and information video from I-Construct.
What types of companies and organisations can join?
Companies or client bodies working in the construction and built environment marketplace.
The members work in the construction and built environment sector and the wider supply chain. This covers a huge range of company types, products, and services as well as client end-users.
What size of company can join?
SMEs based in England and working in the construction and built environment sector and the wider supply chain can join the network. Additional direct 1:1 support is available for SMEs based in England only. To be classed as an SME you must meet the following criteria:
- Be considered as an enterprise*.
- Employ fewer than 250 people.
- Have either an annual turnover not exceeding 50m Euros, or an annual balance-sheet total not exceeding 43m Euros, as evidenced by your last approved annual accounts.
Through I-Construct, there is the opportunity to apply for a grant of between £1,000 and £20,000 to part-fund the development and launch of a new product or service. The company will be required to provide 70% of the funding for a project, but the remaining 30% will be supported through a grant from I-Construct that does not need to be repaid.
Eligible projects must focus on an innovation within the business, or improving digital systems. Grant funding can be used for a wide range of costs including consultancy, software, hardware and the creation of a new role to manage the project. The facilitators will guide you through the grant application process and are here to answer any questions you may have.
For full details on how I-construct could help your business, and registration, click here to access the I-construct website.