- We offer support, teaching and guidance.
- Study online from home with direct tutor support.
- Join classes via computer or mobile, Learn English & maths.
- Levels from Entry (beginners) to Level 2.
- Minimum 2-hour sessions with mandatory home study: Some classroom sessions available based on assessment, Additional support from experienced friendly tutor
- Develop your confidence and skills.
- Recognised qualifications valued by employers.
- A stepping stone to work and further qualifications.
Starting throughout the year.
To register interest and access further information please contact:
Telephone: 01304 244 398
Entry Level 3, Folkestone, Dover & Canterbury.
Entry Level 3 Extended City & Guilds Certificate in Employability.
This course has been designed to support those experiencing barriers in returning to the workplace, our employability sector based work academy programme enables course participants to achieve a nationally recognised, accredited Award, Certificate or Extended Certificate in Employability Skills. This two week provision equips individuals with the essential tools to succeed in current recruitment practices.
The course will help students improve their confidence and help them to return to the workplace, but it also increased their knowledge of self-marketing to local employers. Students will engage with employers and will be offered interviews/industry visits and Guest Speakers with relevant organisations. Each course will have a specific sector attached, for examples, Customer Service. Retail, Hospitality, Rail and many more.
All students will complete the course with:
- A CV effective for employment, tailored to industry and rele specifics
- An accredited Entry Level 3 Extended Certificate City and Guilds qualification
- A Cover Letter/Reason for Application to support with securing interviews Interview skills bespoke individual needs
Employability is defined as “A set of attributes, skills and knowledge that all labour market participants should possess to ensure they have the capability of being effective in the workplace to the benefit of themselves, their employer and the wider economy. Candidates will develop their skills in self-management, team working, business and customer awareness, problem solving, communication and a can do approach.
Students will have access to our job Brokering service including up to 13 weeks of support following completion of the qualification. Our classes are tutoried within a traditional classroom setting allowing us to support students closely throughout their course.
T :01304 244 398 Weastkent.ac.uk/employability
Pastoral support is offered by our Support and Progression Coordinator who can help students with personal issues and overcome barriers which would otherwise impede their ability to learn and secure meaningful employment. Students will cover all aspects of employability and additional themes including the following:
- Interview Skills-Psychometric testing, competency, scenario based and other question types in preparation for interview.
- Rights, Responsibilities and Citizenship, exploring equal rights, how to champion equality, and equal opportunity employers
- Attitudes & Values Detailed look into the attitudes and values needed for learning and work, focus on The Fundamental British Values
- Self-empowerment and employment, exploring people in business and developing a personal enterprise/community development project
- Leadership and management, working as part of a team
- Effective communication: assertiveness and confidence, social media including Linked in profile and self-marketing
- Guest Speaker(s) inspirational people in business
You will be required to go through an initial assessment with the Tutor or support staff, please bring proof of ID (Bank card, Photo ID, Birth Certificate) and proof of benefit (Recent letter from JCP, Universal Credit printout, bank statement showing DWP payment.
To find out more or to book please call us on 01304 244 398